Thursday, April 8, 2010

The good the bad and the ugly.. Today! April 8th, 2010

Ok I know I have skipped a few post, but since I made my blog public and have followers now, here is a quick update of where I am today. I am now being treated at Dana Farber. I have a surgeon, oncologist and high risk ob/gyn on my team.
The good: I am pregnant! And I am keeping my baby!
The bad: I have breast cancer. Her 2+ and I am having my lumpectomy today with sentinel node biopsy.
The ugly: Well the surgery of course, after applying some nipple numbing cream and taking a sedative, my breast will be cut open and the tumor removed. Both I and my baby will be under sedation during the surgery but once I wake up, so will the baby, and I will hear the heart beat today to reassure me everything has gone well.  
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. you are so so strong and u inspire me!! i know you and your little one will get thru this along with your husband whom i know you love more than anything and with help from your friends and family and people who have gone thru this! we are all here to listen and be leaned on by you whenever you need it we love you and i know you will make it thru. as much as you cry and ask why at the end when you have that baby in your arms you will find out! its amazing what they can do now a days and you are by far one of the most strongest people i know and i feel honored to be able to listen to your thoughts and be there to talk or listen. god bless you all and thank you for being such an inspiration to me and many others! love you jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky: Thank you for being my friend! The day I met you, I have noticed that you are a special lady full of life, joy, compassion, love and understanding for others. God has blessed you, and will bless you again! Those that give are those who receive great things back. You will be in my prayers my friend, I have full faith in you, and I know that you and your baby will be just fine. If you need anything, please don’t hesitate to ask for because that’s what the friends are for!!! Thank you for sharing this painful personal story, it’s very courageous of you.
    XOXO Marianna

    ReplyDelete