Since Larry is away... my loving family was there for me today, Sarah, Jesse, Mom and Dad, all packed into 1 small car together! Reminded me of Italy! Half way into the ride Jesse brings out his lunch box, napkin on his lap, enjoys a turkey sandwich and yogurt, and snacks were passed around for everyone! My family is great for some fun laughs in tough times!! First we met the nurse for an hour and then the oncologist for another 40 mins of questions. So yes, the margins were not clean, cancer cells spread out like fingers on some sides and the size measured once removed was 2.2 cm. 9 out of 10 lymph nodes had tumor in it as well. So where does that leave me for options? Well not many. I can have a mastectomy now, within next 2 weeks, then chemo, then deliver baby at about 36-38 weeks, then round 2 of chemo and radiation. Or I can have chemo within 2 weeks, deliver at 32-34 weeks, and then immediately have mastectomy, round 2 chemo and radiation. Either way, I have to have it all done, but also my baby will still be ok.
Doctors and I are leaning toward having mastectomy now and chemo right after; get it out of me now.. all of it. And let the baby stay in me longer to grow. Tomorrow I will also have an ultrasound on my liver to make sure it hasn't spread there. Since my blood counts and markers were good, and I feel healthy, hopefully the liver will be cancer free.
That's it for now. Thanks for all the love and support. Going to bed to talk to my babies; via phone - Larry, via belly - baby :) xoxo
p.s. something funny i read today
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says,
'Oh shit....she's awake!'
- It's a Girl!!! April 29, 2010
- Relaxing... all week! April 25-29th, 2010
- Home resting... April 24, 2010
- Surgery Take Two... April 23, 2010
- Still confused, boob or no boob. April 22, 201...
- Bye Bye Boobie countdown... 48 hours. April 21th,...
- Wigs and Cribs?!? April 17-18, 2010
- Haven't Met You Yet
- Well that explains it!
- Cheers! Liver is good! April 15th, 2010
- Family trip to Dana Farber - results suck April 1...
- early morning wake up call 1 hour ago
- Results Day!!! April 14th, 2010
- Surgery and The Days After... April 8th - April 11...
- My Coach, My Cheerleaders and A Player... Flashbac...
- A New Team, A New Perspective Flashback to March ...
- Stop calling... stop calling... Flashback to...
- The good the bad and the ugly.. Today! April 8th...
- Strong women in my life… March 16th, 2010 and ev...
- Slow down, and breathe… March 15th, 2010
- My PR manager, my support group and my inspiration...
- My boob OR My baby??? March 12th, 2010
- Speechless…. March 11th, 2010
- Fasten your seatbelt; you’re going on another ride...
- The 12 week Ultrasound and the Lump. March 3, 20...
- Positive test result!!! Jan 5th, 2010
- The roller coaster ride. Flashback to Nov 2006 ...
- And so it begins…March 10th, 2010
- ▼ April (28)