Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Coach, My Cheerleaders and A Player... Flashback to March 19th, 2010

So many great friends have been emailing me and showing their support, my favorite cheerleader a close friend, shared this, “NGU; Never Give Up!” Some nights after crying or staring at the TV, my coach Larry would say, ok enough pity party, not just NGU, it’s SIU now; Suck It Up! While walking around Boston’s hospital area, Larry and I walked by Boston Children’s Hospital. We saw so many children, walking around, bald or with cute hats on their head, smiling or yawning. How can I sit and cry and complain when these children are going through the same thing at 8 years old! They should be playing and having fun, not going for treatments. That was it. I need to Own It! Like a bad gift someone close to you gives you; you didn’t ask for it, you don’t want it, you cant give it away, so for now you own it! I have to Own this lousy Breast Cancer, Suck It Up, cry when I need to but stay strong, go to treatments and live as much of a “normal” life as I can and take some control back into my life, and Never Give Up for my baby and other women.

No comments:

Post a Comment