Thursday, July 29, 2010

2 weeks?? oh no.. 2 days!!! and new poll!

Tuesday I was at 33 weeks..  thinking ok we have about 2 weeks to go.   Everyone has been telling us to get more prepared.  So I finally washed some baby clothes, finalized a date for furniture delivery, and Larry ordered the video camera.   At work, chatting with Sarah, we talked about how I will just have a date to go in and have baby.  She thought I was lucky.. no guessing when I would be in labor or wondering when water would break.  I teased her.. she could be anywhere... store, work, couch..  and Jesse would have to start timing contractions! 
Then yesterday, after enjoying a great lunch with friends, we headed back to work and pop! I wasn't sure if I peed my pants or my water broke!!  In my friend's car!!  Sorry T -Good thing for leather seats.  She drove me home to meet up with Larry and again more fluid.   (Water breaking wasn't a huge gush but many small gushes and it's a pretty gross feeling!)  
Larry and I made it to B & W hospital and had an ultrasound. My fluid was low but baby was doing well.. but she is breech.    Then we went to the labor triage.  For 5 hours I basically laid there as they monitored the heart rate, checked for contractions (none), had some blood drawn, confirmed it was amniotic fluid, and gave me 3 cervical exams.. not fun.  Oh and a shot in the ass of steroids to improve baby's lungs!
Finally a plan, admit me to the 8th floor,  hang out for a day or so and schedule a c section for Friday! This Friday!!  2 days!!  She will be even earlier then we thought and most likely will be in the Nicu for 2 weeks to help with feeding and make her gain some weight!  I'm not to worried about it - B& W is one of the best hospitals in the country.   But I will miss holding her a lot right away.

So here I am.. in my room hanging out.  It's not to bad.. better then most hotels! Private room and shower.  Free Internet and tv.  Room service from 7am to 8pm.  Quiet for a hospital.   And my nurse is great so far.  (breast cancer survivor of 10 years) Except for the 5:30am wake up call.  But I'll nap later!

I added a new poll.  We are curious what name you like best.  Don't worry-  we will still pick what we want! And probably wait until we see her!   But take the poll on the top left anyways for fun!
I'll keep you updated.. since I'm on bed rest til Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Becky, Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and sending great baby vibes your way! Julia was four weeks early and spent a couple of days in the NICU and is a healthy, smart girl - just as yours will be! There is nothing like the first time you see and hold your baby - it is surreal! I am so excited for you! Good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Love, Michelle

    PS: Of course I had to vote for the name Julia (but I really like Emelia/Emmy too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that tomorrow you will have a beautiful baby girl! Sounds like everything is under control and you are doing well. We will continue our prayers for a healthy, happy baby girl and for a speedy, easy delivery! for momma! I love the name Emelia (I have a student named Emelia and we call her Mimi or Emmy) But, all of your picked names are beautiful! Best of luck tomorrow and know we're all thinking and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom called me to tell me she is going to be a grandma tomorrow!! How exciting!! Will keep you in my prayers and your beautiful baby girl too.(Emily is my vote.)
    God's Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete